Tips to make your move effective!
- Consider creating a path down one side or through the center of your unit so that you can see and access all your items.
- Use adjustable shelving for easy and efficient access to boxes.
- Leave a step stool in the unit so that you can always reach items on the top shelf.
- Hang bikes or garment bags from the ceiling.
- Store chesterfields and mattresses on end – boxes piled on top of them would damage their springs.
- Clothes and fabrics should be cleaned before being stored and can be stored in drawers and wardrobes. But don’t cram them in – a little air circulation is a good thing.
- If storing quality wood items for a long time, consider waxing or using a wood treatment before storing, then cover with a thick blanket so you can store other items on top without risk of scratching.
- Label all boxes on the sides and top so that you can see the list of contents no matter how you place your boxes in the unit
- Keep a thick marker on a string in your unit, when you change the contents of a box, change the label.
- Remove oil and gasoline from all small engine equipment before it is stored (including lawn mowers, chainsaws, etc.)
- Use the space under tables and inside appliances and cabinets.
- Need more tips, ask our expert staff.
Quesnel, BC (250) 992-9543 or Williams Lake, BC (250) 303-3303